Fall is beautiful in Hendersonville, but as the temperatures drop, we start to see insects crawling on our outside walls. If the conditions are right, this can turn into a winter infestation.
A few of our common overwintering pests are stink bugs, Asian lady beetles, and boxelder bugs. But none of these insects can live in our homes permanently. Our homes don’t contain the food these insects prefer. Stink bugs are a crop pest that would much rather be feeding in a field of grains or vegetables. Asian lady beetles prefer these as well but they dine on aphids and scale insects. Boxelder bugs eat seeds and newly developing leaves on trees, particularly boxelder trees. Since your home doesn’t have an abundance of grains and vegetables lying around, or aphids, scale insects, seeds, and leaves, there is a good chance these insects won’t want to stay. But that doesn’t mean they won’t pester you for a while.
When these bugs get in, they can be a real nuisance. They may also stain curtains, furniture, clothing, and other fabrics. Worst of all, they can stink. Stink bugs and boxelder bugs both have the ability to produce a strong, disagreeable odor. Definitely not house guests any of us need this winter.
How do you keep overwintering pests out of your Hendersonville home? It begins with exclusion.
- Check all your screens and make sure they are in good working order.
- Inspect weather stripping on sliding glass doors. If there is any damage to the bristles, consider replacing them.
- Inspect your door sweeps and see that they make good contact all the way across.
- Examine your foundation walls for any cracks or chipped mortar. Use a repair kit to seal things up.
- Examine your exterior walls for holes or gaps. Repair any you find. If you’re not able to make repairs, consider using a caulking gun to fill them in for now.
- Check all your door frames for gaps or holes. It doesn’t take much of a hole to allow one of these insects in so look closely. Repair any holes you find.
Once you have your walls and foundation sealed as much as possible, you may be done. But overwintering pests are surprisingly good at finding tiny holes we miss. For the best protection possible, contact a pest professional and request a treatment for the outside of your home. At All-American Pest Control, we call this treatment service “Perimeter PLUS.” If you’d like to learn more about Perimeter PLUS, or schedule service, go here to get started.
Source: Pest News
Original Source link ==> Beware These Fall Pests in Hendersonville
All third party News, Content, company names, brand names, trademarks showed on website are the property of their particular proprietors. we are not a copyrights of it, it just a sharing informative blog
All material is copyrighted by the respected publishers. It is published on the internet only for the sake of promoting.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fumigation In Karachi