They’re small. They’re brown. And when they get into Old Hickory homes—it stinks. They’re called brown marmorated stink bugs and they can be stinky invaders in the fall. Let’s take a look at why they get in. But, more importantly, let’s talk about some helpful things you can do to keep them out of your home.
Every fall, when temperatures drop, stink bugs leave the crop fields, where they are a significant agricultural pest, and seek warmth. In nature, they congregate on the sunny sides of rocks, trees, and other objects in nature. As temperatures drop further, they’ll hide in crevices, holes, and under the bark of trees. If they warm themselves on the sunny side of a home, it is only logical to assume that they look for crevices and holes and crawl under the “bark” of our homes, which we call siding. Understanding this can help us keep stink bugs out.
Stink Bug Prevention
- Stink bugs will often target windows because they are warm. Make sure your screens are in good-working condition.
- Stink bugs hang out on door frames. Inspect sliding doors for any damaged weather stripping. Examine all door frames for gaps or holes that can give entry and repair those holes.
- Stink bugs will climb on your foundation walls. Search for chipped mortar or cracks in your foundation. If you find any, seal them with a repair kit.
- Stink bugs will explore your exterior walls. Do a detailed inspection, especially around pipes, wire conduit, and other objects that pass through your walls. If you find gaps, cracks, or holes, use a caulking gun to fill them.
- Stink bugs will use any entry they can find. Cover any vents with screening and protect your chimney top.
Stink Bug Reduction
If you have fewer stink bugs on your home, you’ll have fewer stink bugs trying to get in. While a pest control company can’t promise that you won’t have any pests invading your home in the fall, exterior treatments are the best way to keep your home pest-free. For Old Hickory homes, and homes throughout Middle Tennessee, All-American Pest Control offers Perimeter Plus. There is no better way to keep stink bugs (and over 47 other household pests) out of your home.
Stink bugs stink. But you don’t have to put up with them. With the trusted pest control service from the friendly professionals at All-American, you can rest assured that your home has the best pest protection possible. At All-American, you won’t get inflated promises. Just results.
Source: Pest News
Original Source link ==> Preventing Fall Stink Bug Infestations in Old Hickory
All third party News, Content, company names, brand names, trademarks showed on website are the property of their particular proprietors. we are not a copyrights of it, it just a sharing informative blog
All material is copyrighted by the respected publishers. It is published on the internet only for the sake of promoting.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, contact us. email@example.com.
Fumigation In Karachi