There is something that happens this time of year. Toward the end of October, we begin to see something on houses in Murfreesboro. They’re orange and black and creepy. No, we’re not talking about Halloween pumpkins. We’re talking about a beetle that commonly invades homes around Halloween. They’re called Asian lady beetles but some refer to them as Halloween beetles, which isn’t surprising. These creepy pests go perfectly with this end-of-October celebration of treats, tricks, and things that go bump in the night. Here are a few things you should know.
Why is October the time when Halloween beetles start showing up?
Cold temperatures: Most of the year, Asian lady beetles can be found in crop fields. These insects help with the control of crop-damaging aphids. For this, we are grateful. But when temperatures drop, they swarm by the hundreds and even thousands to search for a warm place to hide from the cold. This is when they begin to congregate on the sun-warmed sides of man-made structures.
What are Halloween beetles attracted to?
- Light-colored buildings near wooded areas or fields are a common target.
- Homes that have light and dark contrasts in color tend to be more attractive.
- Homes with lots of vegetation are perfect for these aphid-eating insects.
- Like many insects, Halloween beetles are attracted to light. Homes with white light turned on at night will be more attractive.
- Bright-colored homes with illuminated surfaces meet two criteria for attraction.
- Homes that have lit-up windows at night will draw in more of these beetles. Keep your shades drawn and curtains closed to reduce beetles.
How do Halloween beetles get in?
There are many ways these insects can find a way into your Murfreesboro home. The most common are:
- Gaps in the weatherstripping around exterior doors.
- Broken seals around door and window frames.
- Holes created by wood-damaging pests.
- Damaged or missing door sweeps.
- Torn screens and holes in window frames created by pests.
- Damaged gaskets or seals around roof penetrations.
- How do I keep Halloween beetles out?
- Using a high-quality silicone caulk to fill small gaps and holes.
- For larger holes, you may try a urethane foam.
- Make sure your screens are all in good repair.
- Fix or replace damaged door sweeps or weatherstripping.
For further assistance, contact a local pest control professional for advice on how to deal with Halloween beetles. There are many factors that need to be considered and your circumstances may make your home more of a target.
If you need pest control service to deter Halloween beetles and other overwintering pests, remember that the service team at All-American Pest Control is standing by to help.
Source: Pest News
Original Source link ==> Halloween Beetles Invade & Infuriate Murfreesboro
All third party News, Content, company names, brand names, trademarks showed on website are the property of their particular proprietors. we are not a copyrights of it, it just a sharing informative blog
All material is copyrighted by the respected publishers. It is published on the internet only for the sake of promoting.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, contact us. email@example.com.
Fumigation In Karachi